Apple Rose Dessert
I have been seeing this gorge Apple Rose Dessert for some time now. They looked beautiful and delicious but seemed a little difficult to actually make. I started to Pinterest this recipe until I found one as easy enough to make that even I could do it. Of course, I had to add a little flare of a Stephanie twist to it! My background in baking is not so broad, actually what am I saying… I never bake!!! Therefore, for me to bake something as chic and divine as this I was super impressed with myself. I couldn’t believe how amazing they turned out to looked and better yet they tasted just like an apple pie. The Rose Dessert can be made for all events and the presentation is just fabulous.
1 pack of Pasty Puffs (thawed)
2 Apples (of your choice)
All Purposed Flour (to sprinkle on the counter)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Prepare a bowl half filled with water and the squeeze in the lemon juice.
- Cut the apples in half, remove the core and cut the apples in paper-thin slices. Leave the peel so it will give the color to your roses. Immediately, place the sliced apples into the bowl.
- Microwave the apples in the bowl for about 3 minutes, to make them softer so they become easier to roll.
- Drain the apples.Remove the apples from the bowl to dry.
- Unwrap the puff pastry which should be at room temperature over a clean and lightly floured counter. Using a rolling pin stretch the dough into a rectangular shape.
- Cut the dough in 6 strips, each about 2 inches each.
- Spread a thin layer of Apricot preserves with a tea spoon on each strip of dough.
- Arrange the apple slices on the dough, overlapping one another. Make sure the top (skin side) of the slices sticks out a little out of the top half of the strip.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar down the stripe.
- Fold up the bottom part of the dough over the apples. the dough should now be in half and around 1 inch.
- Starting from one end, carefully roll the dough, keeping the apple slices in place. Seal the edge at the end, pressing with your finger, and place in a regular muffin cup. Do the same for all 6-12 roses and grease is not needed.
- Bake at 375°F for about 40-45 minutes, until fully cooked.
- The apples will start to brown on top, remove the pan from the oven when finished baking.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy this recipe just as much as I did. Comment down below to let me know how your Apple Rose Dessert Baking goes.